AT Venture Center is dedicated to the expansion of the commercialization of advanced technologies. Our unique positioning and process allows us to be the catalyst for advanced technology to move from concept, through the various stages of development, and on to launching funded companies and beyond.
The ability to create unique products and partnerships is proven by the track record of the AT Venture Center team. Leading a group of research, commercialization, brand, and marketing experts, founder Michael Crowley is a serial entrepreneurs who also has an extensive legal and professional background in business and start-up funding, having funded over $2.2 Billion of capital formation in his career. An avid innovation and technical entrepreneurship venture creator, researcher, educator and seasoned speaker, he presented over 1,000 lectures on the commercialization of advanced technology to both US and Asian executive and governmental agencies academic and business communities.
Located in Rochester NY the AT Venture team works in multiple US markets and consults on international projects regularly. Speaking events will be held regularly at their headquarters in the Legacy Tower, in downtown Rochester. Please follow our social media and mailing list [here] for updates and events.
Our events include on-site trainings, lecture series, and a training/certification program in “Advanced Technology Commercialization”, in partnership with the Rochester Institute of Technology.
It is our belief through the advancement of truly advanced technology, we can positively affect GDP growth in participating markets, on a regional to global scale. If we educate the business, research, and academic leaders on how to commercialize their advanced research more effectively, we can make a measured and impressive impact on our world.
- We are seeking US emerging and advanced technology developers who have proven technology, presumably beyond the working prototype stage, that clearly fills and identifiable market niche that is large enough to eventually attract a Series A round of venture capital investment. Your firm should have protected IP that is licensable without any infringement on existing IP.
- We will examine your business plans and intellectual property on confidential basis with the mutual understanding that we are working to find a Chinese technology firm interested and capable of exploiting an exclusive license of your IP rights for the Chinese market only.
- We also seek to identify, and potentially fund, joint technology development opportunities to work with US-based universities, institutes, government labs and research centers.
- Since January 2006, our Founder and Director, Michael Crowley has lectured and trained over 500+ senior Chinese delegations to the US. During this 12 year period of time, Mr. Crowley has focused his consulting with China, and his lectures to over 19,000 Chinese delegates, upon innovation, entrepreneurship, venture capital formation, venture creation, technology commercialization and international cross-border finance
- The ATVC is headquartered at the Legacy Tower (formerly the Bausch & Lomb Tower) located in downtown Rochester, New York. In addition to its co-worker office space, private conference room and kitchen, ATVC has on-site catering and three large conference rooms available for client meetings of up to 16 people, plus a training center that is perfect for groups of 25 – 100.
- The ATVC is not just an educational center but it is also a place of business housing a specialized team of ATVC Members primarily dedicated to technology entrepreneurship and the commercialization of emerging and advanced technology that has been patented by our US R&D creation infrastructure currently operating out of America’s government sponsored laboratories, research centers,
- We are a highly trained and experienced team of advanced technology education and venture creation specialists and professionals dedicated to tearing down the traditional “Silos” within the R&D ecosystem that are preventing, or interfering with, the commercialization of about 95% of the valuable patents created by the best and brightest of US researchers.
- We intend to improve the traditional R&D commercialization process by not only training new technology entrepreneurs but by also training the researchers about how the commercialization process can work far better with better communication and goal setting practices designed to bring new products and services to the marketplace.
- We also intend to directly assist our Techtrepreneurs during each complex step of the technology transfer and commercialization process including assistance in obtaining international licensing fees and revenue from China and other nations seeking commercialization partnerships.
- For many of our advanced technology entrepreneurs, finding capital for these unique kinds of businesses has proved extremely difficult outside the few capital intense areas of the US like Silicon Valley. Absent the capital required to move beyond the seed-stage of development, most new AT enterprises are destined for failure as the undercapitalized firm struggles to create their prototype and bring it into production.
- The first step towards providing ongoing assistance to our ATVC Member’s Techtrepreneurship clients was taken in April 2017 when our Founder entered into a long-term agreement with Jiangsu International Association of Science and Technology Cooperation (JIASTC) to work together to create joint research and joint investment opportunities for Chinese enterprises seeking licenses for US developed advanced technology. This US-China business enterprise is operated by the US-China Center for Advanced Technology Venture Creation, LLC. (US-China Center). The US-China Center’s is one of the technology initiatives headquartered at the AT Venture Center. Professor Crowley is the Founder, Executive Director and President of the US-China Center.
- The concept for the creation of an advanced technology venture creation center combining entrepreneurial, executive and researcher education with the implementation of commercialization proven innovation implementation schemes was developed by our founder after he was challenged by governmental and university leaders, in the US and China, to find a new and better ways to bring AT products and services to the domestic and global marketplace.